Thursday, October 05, 2006
One Hundred Kisses
Juliana just came to me crying that she'd hurt her toe. I put her on my lap and kissed her forehead about 4 times. She continued to cry so I asked her how many kisses it would take to make her stop crying. Her reply: "One hundred." I laughed and said, "That's a lot of kisses; how about 3?" To which she replied, "No, one hundred." So, I asked her if I should start and she said no, she wasn't ready. I counter-offered one kiss on her toe. She agreed, but when I kissed her toe, she said that wasn't where it hurt. Turns out, it was her heel all along. One skillfully placed kiss on her heel and she's off. Ahhhh, the joys of parenting a three year old. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thought I would check one last time before leaving work and here you are with several fun postings! As to the number of kisses...before you and Rich could actually go from 1 to 100, I would: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100. It didn't last long but got us through the tough years! Now get working on the costume. I'd like to see it when Alex and I visit! Have fun.
Mama/Ama
So, it's your fault I didn't do well in math. Now I get it. It's all so clear to me now... :)
Post a Comment