Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Wonderful Weekend at Deep Creek - 4/20/07

We arrived at Mom and Gerry's cabin last weekend just in time to surprise Gerry for his birthday. We met Kevin, Kristy, Sydney and Kayla (Gerry's son and family) for the big "Surprise!" and Mike (Gerry's other son) and Gerry's nephew, Timmy, arrived a little later. He was very surprised and kept saying we were all in trouble! It was so much fun to be there to help him celebrate. Although he grumbled about being "got", Ampa didn't seem to mind the attention of adoring grandchildren:
Ampa, Kathryn, Sydney, Kayla, Juliana and Alexander's head bottom left (clockwise)

We had a great time tromping through the woods, racing down the driveway on the golf cart, riding on the ATV and watching deer eat corn Gerry put out for them. We went to a cave, but it was too wet to explore so we'll hope it's a little dryer next time so we can check it out. The kids were troopers (as was Ama!) through the brush and we all got a good workout carrying small (and not so small as Kathryn is now 50 pounds!) children through the woods. A highlight included the ATV rides. Ampa took each of the kids for a spin around the cabin. And then he taught Nate and I how to drive it. I was a natural, of course! :) And, Nate wasn't too shabby, himself. He was more adventurous than I and struck off into the woods. I stuck to the driveway.Nate went exploring and found a waterfall that we took the girls to see. Kathryn and Daddy went off to climb on rocks while Juliana and I sat on the bank and threw mini-pine cones into the water and watched them go down a mini-waterfall. Alexander was content to hang out with Ama and Ampa and we returned just in time to change his dirty diaper!

The kids got along very well and we all had a wonderful time. We're looking forward to many fun weekends at The Cabin this summer!

I'm going to upload all the pictures from the weekend onto Snapfish, so keep an eye out for the link to the right.

No comments: