Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Star is Born

Kathryn's 1st grade musical, Three of a Kind, was last night. She's been so excited about it and they've spent a lot of time rehearsing at school. She was one of the three blind mice. We were instructed to do a little costume with things around the house; nothing elaborate. So, Monday night we made mouse ears out of paper and put them on a white headband. I found an old pair of white tights and sewed them for the tail. She wore a white outfit she got from her Ama and Ampa for her birthday. Her class sang "The Bear Song", thus the teddy bear prop. Last, but not least, I loaned her my sunglasses to finish the look. She was, in my most unbiased opinion, absolutely adorable.


She did a great job saying her line into the microphone and she did all the hand gestures during the songs. It was so much fun seeing her up there. The music was very good and I couldn't believe how pleasant five classes of first graders sounded together.

When we got in the car to come home she asked what special thing we were going to do. We told her it was late and we needed to get home, but she protested and stated that we need to do something special because, "I'm a star now, you know." Where the heck do they come up with this stuff?! :) We look forward to her continued stardom so daddy can retire early and I can hire someone to run the household so I can put my feet up, eat bon bons and get liposuction regularly.

Future stage mom and "The Star"

Daddy and his girls

Mommy and the gang

I managed to shoot a little video before the battery died. I'll post that when I figure out how to get the video off the camera and onto the computer. Shouldn't be more than a few months... :)

1 comment:

diana onorio funk said...

OMG, look how beautiful you all are!! Cannot believe how big the kids are getting!! xoxo