Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Weekend in the Woods

We spent Memorial Day weekend at my mom and Big Daddy's cabin in Western Maryland. We always look forward to our time there. Daddy and the kids have a blast fooling around in the woods and playing in the creek and Nate and I have some time to relax with Ama and Ampa around. We even went out to dinner for our anniversary and...drumroll, please...saw a movie! Do you know how long it's been since we've done both...in one night? Yeah, me neither. Suffice it to say, it's been a long time.

We spent the weekend doing typical cabin-in-the-woods activities:

hiking to and playing in the waterfall,

picking flowers,

riding the ATV with daddy,

snuggling with Ama,

coloring,

going to the beach,

Look, I was there, too!

playing in the sand at the beach,

Juliana was having some issues with her pants
falling down so we 86'd them altogether. This is
her "I'm in my undies, oh yeah, oh yeah!" dance.
We are concerned about her teen years.


playing on the playground at the beach,

just being adorable, in general,


and wishing Ama the happiest 39th birthday ever!!*


Thanks for a great weekend, folks! Love you lots and lots!

* Cake disclaimer: Angel food cake with strawberry cream filling does not lend itself to fancy decoratin'. While most of my cakes strike a pleasing balance between taste and beauty, this cake was all about the yum factor.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures are terrific; it looks as if everyone had a wonderful time at the the cabin/beach/waterfall. Happy "39th" Ama.

Joan

Anonymous said...

We all did have a great time. First time I had been to the waterfall when the water was falling! And Lori and Nate were in by their curfew...10pm...on said anniversary outing! I so loved that angel food cake...homemade, no box mix for my girl! And the strawberry filling...yum factor over the top. Thanks Nana! I've enjoyed every 39th birthday I've had. And thanks L, N, K, J, A for being there to celebrate with Ampa and me.