Monday, September 15, 2008

Circle of Life

The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

My Gram passed away on Friday, September 5th, just 5 days shy of her 88th birthday. While I am thankful to have had so many wonderful years with her, I am profoundly saddened by the loss. I will be sharing much more about her and our special relationship later this week, but in keeping with the circle of life, we are celebrating a special birthday today. Our baby, Alexander, is 3 and I need to focus on the happiness of the occasion and the smile that he always brought to his GiGi's face.

1 comment:

diana onorio funk said...

I am so sorry, sweetie. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Happy Birthday to that sweet little boy! love,
d