Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy New Year!

I'm aware that I'm a little late on that sentiment...Obviously, blogging didn't make the cut on my list of New Year's Resolutions! Organization is the theme for 2009. I've been cleaning out and organizing...everything. Below is what I've been doing instead of blogging for the past month.

I spent the day after Christmas going through a ridiculous amount of paperwork which was in the following: 1 large basket, 1 small basket, 1 large bin and 1 large box along with miscellaneous piles on the desk and on the laundry room counter. I filed a years worth of bills and shredded about 8 inches of paperwork.

We spent several days in Maryland celebrating the holidays with family. More on that later.

I cleaned out and organized all 4 bathrooms in the house including all of the associated cabinets and drawers. (One does not need bubble bath that's been in a cabinet for over 4 years and it's prudent to dispose of medicine that expired in 2005.)

I filled 2 garbage bags and one huge moving box with clothes I no longer wear, including, but not limited to maternity clothes I have no intention of ever needing again.

I organized the kids game cabinets into (1) games for 5 and under and (2) games for 6 and over.

Nate and I spent last weekend completely cleaning out and reorganizing the playroom on the main floor and the one in the basement. Everything is where it belongs and I am astonished to share that it's Friday and they're still clean!! Wonders never cease.

All this in addition to the regular duties required of my position along with a book report thrown in for good measure and a 2nd grade Sock Hop tonight.

So, this is a sample of what I've accomplished thus far in 2009. Not a bad start, if I do say so myself. I will be back soon with pictures from the holidays, Juliana's Celebration of Life at school, Kathryn's first report, a couple exciting milestones and general silliness sprinkled in just for fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you coming to visit???

Lori said...

It took me a while to get your point, but now that I do, all I have to say is, "HA!" :)