I finally had some time to compile pictures from Halloweens past. Enjoy!
The Halloween Baby
October 2001

Kathryn at 8 months old; we were living in a community of college students so we didn't make a big production of Halloween until the next year when I tried to make up for our lameness by making her costume!
The CowOctober 2002

The debut of the
cow costume. I made this for Kathryn (with lots of help from my mama). Kathryn was a champion mooer so it was a perfect choice. And, as I've mused since then, it was the best time to make a costume as 2-year olds have no opinion regarding their costumes and we've gotten a lot of use out of it for that reason. That, and it's just precious, don't ya think?!
The Princess and the ChickOctober 2003


Kathryn's Princess phase began and ended here. Juliana has since picked up the torch and loves playing the girly girl to Kathryn's tomboy. She revels in her individuality.
The Duck and the CowOctober 2004


Kathryn loved this duck costume and particularly enjoyed wagging her tail at people and quacking. Juliana was the second to wear the esteemed cow costume and didn't disappoint. Her moos were right on and could she be any cuter? I think not.
The Ghost, the Lion and the CatOctober 2005



Kathryn entered her scary phase and definitely pulled it off (when she wasn't grinning, that is)! Juliana made for a very cute kitty cat and have you ever seen a sleepier lion?! Alexander hit that one on the head.
The DogsOctober 2006

So, Kathryn is playing with a friend in, like, August, and they find this dog costume in the basement and she decides then and there that's what she wants to be for Halloween. Okey dokey. Juliana quickly followed suit, so I had plenty of time to make her dog costume. It turned out really well and she loved it. Meanwhile, the family that loaned us Kathryn's costume had a doggie jacket for a little man, which took care of Alexander. Which begs the question, "Who let the dogs out?! Woof woof woof." No need to thank me for getting that song in your head! :)
The Butterfly, the Tiger and the CowOctober 2007

I already posted in detail about this Halloween, but I have a thing about things being organized so I felt compelled to include it here, too. Just one of my many adorable quirks.
No comments:
Post a Comment