Thursday, February 21, 2008
Honesty is the Best Policy
Alexander was too snotty to take to the gym again on Wednesday so I perused the listings on the Fitness channel to tape and do at my leisure. (Because working out is such a leisurely activity, of course.) I recorded a few shows that sounded good and I was doing the aerobic portion of Gilad's Bodies in Motion when Kathryn got home from school yesterday. She made several observations while watching me and had a few random questions: That man has big muscles. Why are they on the beach? That looks hard to do. Are you doing that right? I responded as well as I could while huffing and puffing, but became markedly more interested in her comments when she said, "Those girls are skinny. You could be on there, too, mommy, because you're pretty skinny, too, ya know." Okay, have I mentioned how much I love this child? Because if you have children...who speak...you know they are very honest. Very, very honest. And, while they don't intend to hurt anyone's feelings, one must have a very thick skin to maintain one's self-esteem. So, when something like this comes out, you know it's honest and true and I'm not ashamed to tell you I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then, she said, "Except your arms." "Oh?", I asked with eyebrows raised as I braced myself thinking, "Here it comes...", as I waited for the imminent, "Yours are really wiggly" or some such revelation that she was about to innocently share. So, you can understand why you could have knocked me over with a feather when her next words were, "Yeah, you have muscles." Well, what do you know? Wonders never cease. She went on to say that while I have muscles, they aren't as big as daddy's and she would like me to aspire to his physique so we can, "both be strong". I'm gonna get right on that and will report back with my progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment