Friday, January 23, 2009

Milestone Alert: Juliana lost her first tooth!

There was great excitement around here on the day Juliana's first tooth became loose. I think that discovery was actually more exciting than when it finally came out! On January 1st, I tried hard to talk her into letting me pull it out once and for all. It had been bothering her every time she tried to eat anything for at least 2 weeks. I pleaded and cajoled. I told her it would be so neat for it to come out that day since one year prior was the exact day Kathryn lost a tooth, but it was all for naught. She wouldn't budge. So, off to bed she went with a dangling tooth to awaken the next morning with it in her bed. She was thrilled and I was glad I didn't have to start the whole thing over again. We were in MD at the time and we kept forgetting to put her tooth under her pillow there, so we did it when we got home. She was so excited about the Tooth Fairy's visit. She said, "I'm gonna get money. I'm gonna be rich!" Her comment when she awoke with 4 quarters under her pillow, "I'm rich! I'm rich!" I wonder if she'll still think that by the time she loses her last tooth...

You can see where her new tooth is coming in on the bottom.

She's such a sweetie pie.

No comments: