So, I'm blissfully sleeping in this morning and awaken to the sound of Nate exclaiming, "It's all over your body!" I wonder who is involved among the three potential suspects and what could be all over his or her body. I hear him moving dishes out of the sink and think to myself that Alexander must be the culprit and must be preparing for a bath and that it was probably a diaper overflow causing all the ruckus. I stayed in bed figuring Nate would summon me if I was needed. A few minutes later, he enters our room saying, "Well, I hope you're happy! That was the biggest blowout of all of them! He had poop up to his neck!" How this was my fault, I wasn't quite sure, but he went on to say that after smelling Alexander, he picked him up to change him and felt wet on his arm. "Ugh!" he says and then looks down to see poo smeared all over his shirt, which elicited an even bigger, "Uuuuugggghhhhh!!!!" He moved dishes out of the sink to bathe the pile of filth we call our beloved son and proceeded to spray him off with the sprayer and drain the excrement before filling the sink and bathing him. Nate recounted the harrowing tale while finding and putting on a clean shirt. Turns out, it was my fault because I wasn't the one who discovered the blowout in the first place because then it would've been my job to clean him up...timing is everything. Alexander and I are going to get along just fine as long as he continues to honor our agreement.
See, aren't you glad I started this blog? It's so nice to be able to share these exciting moments of our children's lives with our loved ones.
2 comments:
I think I'm going to like this blog-thing! Why couldn't it be called - oh I don't know - a journal! Any who ...
I think it's a great idea and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Kinda glad I wasn't there this weekend!
Have a good beginning of the week to everyone.
Ama
I love this story. It made me laugh, as well as reminded me of a similar experience I had when Austin was an infant. :)
Post a Comment