Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Reception

So, how lame am I?! Okay, don't answer that...

It's been a crazy three weeks. With so much traveling, I've neglected my journal and my millions of fans reading it. He he he. :) I haven't even written about the Reception and here it is after Thanksgiving so I'd better get to it ~

After a beautiful ceremony and pictures at the church, we headed to the reception. Unfortunately, in my haste to get to the ceremony on time, I neglected to bring snacks or drinks for the kids. The poor things were so hungry even after having a bite to eat during the cocktail hour. Kathryn was miserable and wanted to leave because she was "starving!" I foraged for food and happened upon the bridal party's waiting room and snagged some cheese and crackers for my little ones to munch lest they waste away to nothing in the half hour till dinner. Nate managed to get milk for them and all was right with the world. We enjoyed a nice dinner and then the party got started. The kids had a blast running around the dance floor and dancing with daddy.

Before we knew it, Kathryn was dancing with a boy...her first dance with a boy other than daddy...sniffle, sniffle. They had a great time until the running began again and Kathryn and Leigha (cousin) collided and Kathryn ended up with a bright red cheek which later turned into a pretty impressive shiner. Her suitor kept checking on her and eventually his persistence got her back onto the dance floor. Nate and I could only look at one another and shake our heads as the reality of our baby girl growing up dawned on us.

Alexander fell asleep at 9:00 right about when the music got going and we didn't hear from him again! Here's our little party animal:

Juliana also enjoyed dancing with both of us and she spent a good amount of time perched on her Nana's lap (or, yap, to hear her tell it.) Eventually, all the excitement got the best of her and Nate put two chairs together so she could lay down. She rested, but didn't fall asleep and she was pretty beat by the time we left. Have you ever seen a more tired child?!

All in all, it was a very successful event from our standpoint. We really enjoyed the festivities and the kids were cooperative and well behaved (and adorable, of course!)

By the way, I posted a few pictures from the ceremony in that entry from last week.

No comments: