Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Update - 4/29/07

Kathryn had a soccer game yesterday and her team won 15-0, not that anyone was counting...She scored 3 or 4 goals and had a great time. Nate said they did a great job spacing themselves out on the field and passing the ball. It seems like it's starting to click for them. I'm hoping the weather is nice for the next game so Alexander, Juliana and I can go watch. (It's been chilly and rainy for the past 2 games.)

I went to Body Pump at noon and then hit Wal-Mart to get tomato plants, soil, pink gardening gloves and a few groceries. It's been gorgeous all day so we all spent most of the afternoon playing outside. Alexander and I went for a walk around the block, but he pooped out half way so I carried him the rest of the way (since I hadn't worked out enough today already!) Juliana spent most of her time in the sandbox and Kathryn had a ball with Abby and our new neighbors playing frisbee, swinging and playing in the sandbox, of course. What day is complete without hopping in the ol' sandbox?!

Our huge milestone today was the removal of Kathryn's training wheels!! She spent all last summer riding her bike and hardly having the training wheels touching, but even though we kept pointing it out, she refused to let Nate take them off. For whatever reason, today was the day and she exhibited perfect control the whole time. We're so proud of her! Now, the downside of this development is that Juliana now wants her training wheels off and she's not quite there yet. :) We got video of the momentous occasion so I'll be posting it soon. With the help of my wonderful and computer-literate husband, we figured out how to post a video, as I'm sure you've already seen. I'm so excited! Stay tuned for lots of other fun video installments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to wear your pink gardening gloves while riding your pink bike? I think you need a pink hat :-)
Yeah Kathryn! I can't wait to watch you ride your bike.