Monday, October 29, 2007
Recall: Milestone Alert: Big Boy Bed!
Well, we gave it the ol' college try, but it just didn't stick. Alexander did well with not screaming for long when we put him down (2nd night: 5 minutes, 3rd night: 13 seconds), but not once has he gone to sleep in his bed, choosing instead to sleep wherever he happened to drop on the floor. Last night, we were back to screaming and I just decided that was enough. He's not ready and that's okay because honestly I'm not ready either. The first morning he was awake at 5:40; the second, 5:30, although thankfully, he went back to sleep for a while the second morning. Saturday, he was up from 2:45 to 3:30 AM. I don't enjoy keeping those hours. So, after quite a bit of drama last night, I threw in the towel, popped him into his crib and he slept soundly until 8:15 this morning. Now, that's more like it. Not a peep could be heard when he went down for his nap today and I think I got a very brief "eh" when I put him down tonight. I over-reacted to him climbing out of his crib last week and in hindsight, he was in the middle of a serious meltdown so I'll make sure I don't put him in when he's in that state. He's never tried to climb out during nap or bedtimes so I'm no longer worried about it. He's still so little; he's got plenty of time before he has to grow up and I'm happy to indulge him for now...besides, mama needs her beauty sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment