Friday, December 07, 2007

So so so far behind

I'm rather overwhelmed by the events I've neglected to post in the past few months so here's an abbreviated version to help me get caught up:

August 15 - 23 ~ Awesome visit with mom who came to see Kathryn off on her first day of first grade. Sooooo glad she was here; helped me get through a trying and rather tearful day. Thanks, mama. :)

August 24 - 26 ~ My BFF, Alex, and her boyfriend, Mike, visited for the weekend. Such fun! We loved every minute of it. Got a babysitter and went to a bar to have a drink and watch live music. The singers were very good and it was just great to get out for a while. Also had a picnic at the lake and watched the kids frolic in the sand and water. Great visit!

August 29 - September 4 ~ Nate's brother, Andy, his wife, Kim, and their son, Gabriel, came to visit. We really enjoyed having them here and the kids got a long really well (ours with Gabriel, anyway; now ours getting along with each other is a whole other matter!) :) We're so glad they decided to spend their vacation with us!

September 5 ~ Juliana's first day of school

September 15 ~ Alexander's Second Birthday (I managed to cover this, thank goodness!)

September 29 ~ Neighborhood Picnic and Light the Night walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

October 18 - 22 ~ Joan visited during the weekend I was heading to my Salisbury reunion; her presence helped me not feel too guilty about leaving my family, so, thanks again, Nana!

October 19 - 22 ~ Salisbury University Resident Assistant Reunion with Alex; had a great time hanging with my Lady; side bonus was getting to spend time with Mom, Gerry and Gram while in MD. Thanks for sending my phone, Big Daddy! :)

October 26 ~ Kathryn's Halloween Parade and Party at school; she was an adorable tiger

October 31 ~ Happy Halloween! Juliana's Halloween Celebration at school; parade, songs and donut holes and cider for the guests; such a cute "butterswy"! The kids had a blast trick or treating with daddy while I handed out candy. They made quite a haul!

November 5 ~ Conference with Juliana's teachers; all is well, she's going to be an artist...big surprise. :)

November 8 ~ First Brownie Troop meeting (have I mentioned that I'm the leader for Kathryn's troop?!)

November 10 ~ Neighborhood "Yard Sale" for families in need; I volunteered to host the refreshment table and we donated a lot of things to the cause. The families were from a local shelter and were very appreciative of everyone's generosity.

November 15 ~ Conference with Kathryn's teacher, Miss Newman; all is well, she's in the highest reading group and is an all-around great student. We're very proud of her.

November 21 - 25 ~ Went to MD for Thanksgiving and stayed with Nana and PopPop. Thanksgiving "dinner" with Mom, Gerry, Gram and Mike on Thursday (pleasant and relaxing, as always) and then on to Dick and Beverlee's around 6:30 PM. Enjoyed meeting Laura and Jeff's new baby boy and Juliana loved Bonnie's Maltese to death and spent a good portion of time carrying her around in a purse. Too cute! The Millers in town on Fri. so back to mom's for a very nice visit. Went to Neil and Heather's to meet their baby, Nathan, Friday night and hung out with them, Craig and Dana. Shopping with mom on Sat. and nice dinner with Joan and Charles Sat. evening. Girls each had a sleepover with mom so they enjoyed that, although Juliana initially complained that she was so sad upon our departure. :( Poor thing. But, of course, she had a great time and was totally fine. Returned to OH on Sunday. Long drive! Geesh!

November 30 - December 3 ~ Alexander stomach bug

December 1-4 ~ Lori stomach bug

December 3-5 ~ Juliana stomach bug - no school

December 4 ~ First snow - 4 1/2 inches - Kathryn no school

December 6 ~ Juliana better, but van battery dead - no school; Lou Ann jumped van so Juliana made it to dance class; Brownie meeting at school for Book Fair (kids wore jammies and had milk and cookies while teachers read to them)

December 7 ~ Another inch of snow - Kathryn 2-hour delay

Which brings us to right now! Nothing like 4 months in one post, eh? I've built the bottom portion of a Gingerbread House and am waiting for it to dry before putting on the roof. (Mom gave us the kit last year and I just never had the umph to do it because of the long, drawn out instructions, but with cake decorating classes this summer, I'm no longer intimidated!) Bunco tonight so I have to wrap my board game and make an appetizer. Kathryn has a soccer game tomorrow morning, Brownie Cookie Rally in the afternoon and Trudy and Bob's Holiday Party tomorrow night. Fun weekend ahead! Have a great one!

EDITED TO ADD: Kathryn tried to pick up the bottom of the house insisting it was dry and it's now in 4 pieces again. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great update! Lots of things going on. How's that house coming? I notice we do not discuss it on the phone! I started to buy kits for everyone again this year but decided I didn't need to be the cause of more work!!! So you won't have to build one next year. Looking forward to the New Year's visit. Hope everyone stays well.
Love to all, mama/ama