I embraced the repeat theme because I really enjoyed making her cake last year and the princesses were too cute. I just knew that with experience and two cake classes under my belt, I'd be able to improve my design and dazzle my little princess.
We began the party by decorating tiaras, which everyone embraced and did an excellent job. I actually managed to get a couple great shots of the birthday girl smiling for real; a major feat when dealing with a five-year-old subject:
Even Kathryn got into the whole princess thing at least for the tiara portion of the festivities. She chose blue (shocking) and was pleased with her "symmetrical" design, while I was pleased with her vocabulary. To her credit, she refrained from complaining about the girlie nature of the party and managed to enjoy herself for the most part. For the record, she respectfully declined my offer to paint her nails rainbow colors.
We then began a rousing game of Freeze Dance to tunes from Dog Train, specifically (Don't Give me That) Broccoli and Tantrum. There was much jumping, spinning and no lack of gymnastics moves. I was spinning the
To keep things moving, we launched into presents and I am going to test your powers of observation and see if you can guess what Juliana likes more than anything else in the world. Here are your clues:
Exhibit C: Lil' Kinz Bulldog from Ama and Ampa (immediately named "Cutie")I'll give you three guesses.

Eh? What did I tell you? (By the way, I tend to be much more modest in person, but I firmly believe this cake deserves my unbridled enthusiasm.) The moat went all the way around the castle with grass and pink, purple and yellow flowers sprinkled throughout. The horse and carriage were part of a Sleeping Beauty play set we gave JJ for her birthday and the princesses were on loan from Ava's private collection.
And so concludes another birthday extravaganza. All in all, it was a good time. I must admit that I'm hoping Juliana will choose a slightly less elaborate cake design next year. I've seen some very lovely rectangles...Ha! With my luck, she'll want a ferris wheel. Eeep! Don't tell her I said that!
Special thanks to Ama for coming to town for the big event. Juliana was so happy to have you here and I always appreciate the extra help. You're wonderful, as always, and we love you lots!
Special thanks to Ama for coming to town for the big event. Juliana was so happy to have you here and I always appreciate the extra help. You're wonderful, as always, and we love you lots!
ETA: While I would have loved to post pictures of Alexander joining in all the princess fun (he surely would have dressed up), I cannot considering he slept through the whole party. I just wanted to note this so I have an answer when he's looking through this when he's older wondering why the heck he isn't in even one picture.
1 comment:
Wow, is that a gorgeous cake. Our family is blessed with many boys (Griffin, Samson, Gabriel, Alexander), a couple of girls (Kathryn, Jenna), but only one princess, JULIANA! And we love her affectionate nature, her gorgeous smile, her warm hugs and the very 'interesting' little person she has become.
Nana
Post a Comment