Monday, August 25, 2008

Milestone Alert: Kathryn's a 2nd Grader!

Well, I'm not sure how it's even possible, but my baby is in second grade now. Kathryn was thrilled to start school and is back in the groove already. I just can't believe how big she is...and could she be any cuter? I think not. Oh, pardon me, good looking? That's currently the only acceptable compliment in Kathryn's book. I fear for the poor sap who tries to call my tomboy "pretty"! (Except, hello? So pretty!!)

Considering her discerning fashion sense, I was pleased when she liked the new shirt I bought her. The only modification necessary was the removal of the lace underlay at the bottom; an alteration I fully expected upon purchasing the shirt.

Jumping off the bus after her first day of second grade.

I am proud to share that I experienced none of the separation anxiety nor the accompanying tears I endured last year. Apparently, mommy is getting to be a big girl, too...although, my real baby hasn't yet gone off to pre-school so we'll see how things go next Wednesday!

No comments: