Monday, August 25, 2008

Running to Stand Still

Just a quick howdy do. I'm finally getting settled back in after a busy, chaotic, fun and emotional summer. Kathryn started school last week (more on that soon) and the other two start next week. Wahoo!! Free time for ME!

So, I've begun playing catch-up beginning with Juliana's thank you notes from her birthday...yes, from JULY 5th. Thanks for rubbing it in. I owe a few for my birthday too...yes, also from JULY, lay off wouldja?! Geesh. :) Anyhoo, I'm also beginning the arduous task of entering all of my addresses into an Excel spreadsheet. These would be the addresses I lost back in early December when our hard drive crashed and all efforts to revive it failed. (Aside from spending $2,000 to retrieve at least some of what was lost, that is. Cheapskate husband wouldn't go for it.) ;)

Meanwhile, I've got a mountain of paperwork that's piled up for the last 3 months to wade through. Fun for me. And, I'm anxious to get back to chronicling our exciting adventures from the summer, but there are more pressing matters...like, finally watching the finale of So You Think You Can Dance before someone inadvertently tells me who won, thus ruining the entire season for me. That's what's on my agenda for this evening. Oh, you don't have to tell me how exciting my life is. I'm living it!

For now, I leave you with a little gem from Alexander. The following conversation took place at the pool last night while he was lounging on me.

Alexander: (Pointing to my armpit) What's that gas mommy?
Mommy: That what? Grass?
Alexander: Yes, what's that gas doing dare (there)?
Mommy: (Realizing he was referring to my pit ~ laughing) That's just my underarm hair. I guess I need to shave, huh? Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Lesson for the day: You can't get anything by a small child.

Be back soon!

No comments: