Sunday, August 01, 2010

Facebook Killed the Blog

The title was Nate's comment to me this morning when I exclaimed that my last post was "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"  Ever since becoming a part of the Facebook community, my poor blog has suffered severe neglect.  Facebook offers what I found I was lacking with my blog...mainly feedback.  I love the instant responses to status updates, comments on pictures I post, etc. that are fundamental to Facebook.  My blog readership has been pretty quiet over the years and I was taken in by the more consistent and personal connection with others I've found on Facebook.  However, comments and readership are not the reasons I began my blog.  I wanted grandparents to be able to see what was going on in our daily lives since our move away from them.  I also wanted to document all the fun and silly things the kids do and say along with their accomplishments and anything else noteworthy so I wouldn't forget over the years.  I still want those things so I will be making an effort to get back to writing more often...starting a little later.  I've got a long to-do list, ya know. :)

No comments: