Friday, December 22, 2006

First Goose Egg

Alexander took his first really good spill last week right into the corner of the wall. I didn't get a picture right away (I was busy putting ice on it and consoling my screaming child) so this was taken after a couple days of healing. It's remarkable how quickly it got better and there's only a very faint bruise as of today. Maybe we'll be able to get our professional pictures done before Christmas after all...Sadly, I'm sure this isn't the last of the injuries considering his propensity for climbing. We're definitely not ready for this phase. Neither of the girls were climbers which was fine with us! We found this boy proudly perched on the living room end table just the other night. Ugh.
On a positive note, Alexander had his 15-month check up on Tuesday and all is well. He's 31 inches tall (55th %ile), 22 pounds (25th %ile) and his head size is in the 90th %ile. He got 2 immunization shots and a flu shot to boot, since I figured he wasn't miserable enough already. :) The girls got a surprise flu shot, as well. Juliana didn't know what was coming until after the fact so she was fine. Kathryn is a whole other story when it comes to shots. She gets herself all worked up and practically panics. This one was no different. She screamed and cried leading up to it and then smiled when it was over after realizing it really wasn't that bad. They both got to choose a treat out of the vending machine using a shiny gold token. I love our pediatrician! Juliana chose a hot pink bouncy ball and Kathryn chose a little yellow rubber man which she played with all the way home. She cracked herself up stretching him to the limit and twisting his head backwards. Sometimes I wonder about that girl... :)

No comments: