Thursday, December 07, 2006

Good News and Bad News

The good news is that Nate didn't need surgery on his broken hand. The bad news is he's in a cast for 4 weeks and then will have to be very careful for the following 2 weeks. His main concern is whether he'll be healed by the time the winter basketball league starts, while mine is who is going to bathe our children?! That's typically his job and I just don't have room in my schedule so I guess they'll just have to be dirty for a while...like 6 weeks... :) I'm not sure if I put it in my original post, but he broke his right hand and he's realizing just how much that hand does in a typical day. He can't write, has a difficult time typing and you can imagine how he's doing driving a stick shift! As always, he has a positive attitude and isn't letting it get him down.

We had a busy day today. After dropping the girls off at school, Alexander and I headed to Wal-Mart. It was a snowy morning and upon sliding to a stop at a stop sign, I was rear-ended by a truck, which slid on the same ice patch I had just slid through. Fortunately, the driver wasn't going fast and it was only a bump resulting in a scrape on the back bumper. We continued on to Wal-Mart and then returned home to unload and put everything away (Alexander snoozed through this so he was no help!) We continued on to pick up the girls from school and headed to the mall to visit Santa. Kathryn was shy and didn't share her list, but she sat on his lap for a few minutes, while Juliana piped right up with what she wants for Christmas and enjoyed perching on his knee. Alexander frowned at the elves until finally breaking into a big smile for the camera. They enjoyed seeing Santa and I enjoyed getting to cross one more thing off my holiday to do list!

I'm off to get a few things done while Alexander slumbers. Perhaps I'll have time to write about our vacation after the holidays?!

No comments: