Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas...

it's the busiest time of year! I haven't even managed to write about our awesome vacation and it's gonna have to wait a little longer for I have other, more pressing, updates.

I took Alexander to the Dr. last Friday because he'd been coughing a lot. He had fluid in both ears requiring an antibiotic. Fortunately, after only one dose, he was in better spirits and wasn't nearly as fussy and clingy as he'd been. In addition, he has bronchiolitis (an infection of the lungs' airways) and had to have a breathing treatment in the office on Friday. Just FYI, I don't recommend this to anyone with children who don't like their faces touched. It was awful. I couldn't believe how hard he screamed nor how hard he fought. The nurse had to hold the mask over his face while it took me every ounce of strength to keep him still. We came home with an inhaler and an aerochamber to administer 3 times a day for 5 days. Yeah, you guessed it...that's been a lot of fun, too. Actually, he's handled it much better and although he cries, he doesn't fight and the crying means he's taking deeper breaths, thus getting the medicine deeper into his lungs. So, that's the scoop on my poor baby. He's still got a runny nose and is coughing a little, but, his breathing has vastly improved and I'm optimistic that we won't have long-term asthma problems. Fingers crossed on that one, of course.

In other news, my husband returned from his basketball game last night saying he'd hurt his hand. It was terribly swollen and he made me put my hand on it while he moved his fingers and it kept popping. I could just hurl typing this. There are few things that make me queasy; I can handle blood and guts, but bones are a different story. Blech! He ended up going to Urgent Care today to have it checked out and an X-ray confirmed it's broken. He had a 1:45 appt. with an Orthopedist so I'm waiting to find out if he'll need surgery or just a cast and if a cast, just how much of his hand will be immobile and for how long, etc. A Holly Jolly Christmas, indeed!

Yeah. Your bone isn't supposed to stick up like that. As I said earlier, blech!!


I'll update when I know more and will eventually get around to giving the details of our trip to Florida. I'm off to get some much needed housework done.

No comments: