Sunday, July 08, 2007

Mine!

Well, we knew it was inevitable. Juliana began playing with her new Princess Carousel toy she got for her birthday. Incidentally, this is a toy that Alexander loves as it plays music and he's all about the music. Anywho, she sat down and started cranking it, Alexander heard the music and ran over shouting, "mine!" That was a first for him and certainly won't be the last! Nate and I just looked at each other and thought here we go... :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember so well, that "mine" was Kathryn's first or second word. She learned it at Claire's. Kathryn had a way of simultaneously reaching for whatever she thought was hers and saying "mine" in an authoritative little voice that gave you no option but to return the item to her.

Her other first words were, "I need that". Alexander is following in the great footsteps of his big sister!

--Andy said...

Gabriel has recently discovered that word too. Much of the time it makes it harder to figure out what he wants because he's saying "mine" instead of the name of the thing he wants...