Just a little update on Alexander's speech development. Before long, he'll be saying everything perfectly so I want to get it documented before I forget. He's at such a fun stage excitedly identifying everything he sees. The daycare lady at the gym said it's amazing how much he's talking now, even from just a couple weeks ago. So fun!
Current random pronunciations:
Ahder (Alexander)
Noona (Juliana)
Kafrin (Kathryn) [Sadly, he no longer calls her Poppin.] :(
beana (banana)
Mucky Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
MuckyDonald's (McDonald's)
oopadeesy (oopsie daisy)
gah nite (goodnight)
tash yight (flashlight; he refers to all lights as tash yights)
ees boking (it's broken)
yuckum (you're welcome)
Kah some? (Can I have some?)
fiwer tuck (fire truck)
kissyou (tissue)
pascal (popcicle) [This one took me a while go figure out.]
wight (right) [He says this after everything you tell him as if he knew the answer all along and was just testing you.]
Conversations with Alexander:
Mommy: Alexander?
Alexander: Yes?
M: Would you like burger or chicken?
A: Yes!
M: No, do you want burger OR chicken?
A: Yes! Burger kicken!
M: Okay, no. Do you want burger OR chicken? Which one?
A: Yes! Burger kicken!
M: [Heavy sigh, rub temples, smile at my sweet boy.] Okay, burger it is!
Alexander: [Running up and throwing his arms around my legs] Oh, mommy.
Mommy: Oh, Alexander. How are you?
A: I fine.
Nighttime routine - after book(s) and song(s):
Mommy: I love you.
Alexander: Mommy! Wait, wait, wait.
M: Yes?
A: Nudder book.
M: No more books; it's time for night night.
A: No, mommy, wait, wait, wait.
M: Yes?
A: Owwwww boooouuuut...Tains (trains) book?
M: No, it's time to go night night. Alexander?
A: Yes?
M: I love you.
A: Yuv too, mommy.
M: Have sweet dreams.
A: Okay, mommy.
M: Can I kiss you on the head?
A: No kiss head.
M: How about your nose?
A: No kiss nose.
M: How about your cheek?
A: No kiss cheek...owwwww booouuut...sock? (Raising foot to my face.)
M: Okay (Kissing sock.)
A: (Giggling because mommy kissing sock is funny.) Gah nite, mommy. (Smacks lips for long distance kiss.)
M: Good night, sweetheart. Have sweet dreams.
A: Uh kay, mommy.
M: See you in the morning.
A: Uh kay, mommy.
M: [Smile, blow kiss back and sigh. He's too precious for words.]
Just a quick little giggle:
Alexander excitedly approached me this afternoon with the tube of sunscreen and said, "I find a sour keam! I find a sour keam!"
1 comment:
That reminds me of one of my favorite Gabriel-isms: "Humpy-Dumpy" for "Humpty-Dumpty"
Post a Comment