Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Knock Knock

Ah, the art of the knock knock joke. We've been doing this for a long time in our household, but I don't think I've ever actually documented a knock knock session. I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out of such a big part of my days, so for posterity and to torture you just a little bit on this fine afternoon, I give you a sampling of the knock knock jokes recited during lunch today compliments of Juliana (almost 5) and Alexander (2 1/2).

Juliana: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
Juliana: Tongue.
Me: Tongue who?
Juliana: Who's your tongue's best friend?
Me: Who?
Juliana: The taste buds.

Alexander: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
Alexander: Boo.
Me: Boo who?
Alexander: Joke, joke.

Juliana: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
J: Goat.
M: Goat who?
J: Go to the door and see who.

Alexander: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
A: Orange.
M: Orange who?
A: No cry, just joke.

Juliana: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
J: Little old lady.
M: Little old lady who?
J: I didn't know you knew how to yodel.

Alexander: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
A: Boo.
M: Boo who?
A: Orange.
M: Orange who?
A: No, how about boo?
M: Okay, boo who?
A: No boo who.

Juliana: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
J: Knock knock.
M: Who's there?
J: Knock knock.
M: Who's there.
J: Knock knock.
M: Who's there?
J: Knock knock.
M: Who's there?
J: The joke is that I'm saying knock knock over and over!
M: That's not funny.

Alexander: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
A: Boo.
M: Boo who?
A: Joke.

Alexander: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
A: Orange.
M: Orange who?
A: Don't cry, it joke.

That was three minutes of your life you'll never get back. Misery loves company, I guess. You can thank me later.

No comments: