Well, folks, Nate and I have changed diapers for 7 years and 3 months straight. Take a moment to truly fathom that length of time...
Do you get how very long that is and how very many diapers that entails? For some of those months, we had 2 in diapers at the same time. Yeah, it's been a lot of diapers. So, you can imagine my pleasure yesterday when Alexander told me he wanted to potty not once, but twice during the day. Both times, his diaper was dry and he peed into the potty right away. The first time was at The Little Gym and then later at home. Can I get a hallelujah?! The light at the end of this diaper-lined tunnel is getting brighter and I'm so excited and so proud of my big boy! And the best part is that I don't hound him about it. I ask him occasionally if he'd like to sit on the potty and he either accepts or respectfully declines. Either way is fine with me. Just so he knows it's an option. I'm so tickled that he's taking the initiative. And, I know we're a long way from full-time Thomas the Train undiewears, but we're definitely on the right track (he he).
In other news, I'm woefully behind on our goings on over the past couple weeks. I'm packing for our weekend away so don't have time to catch up now, either. But, I will update soon about our weekend in MD and other recent events.
2 comments:
Yay for leaving behind diapers! (Sadly, it will probably only be for plunging toilets instead... oh. You probably don't need to know that yet.)
Send me your email and I'll show you how to do a strike out.
Thanks for the tutorial, MadMad, and for visiting!
Post a Comment