On Friday, my mom and I got our nails done and enjoyed some time together without being interrupted every 5 seconds (Nate took the kids to his mom's while my mom and I played). We also met Nate at the mall to help him pick out a new suit and ran into his mom and step-mother who had our kids for the afternoon. I talk a good game about my me-time, but I missed them already after only 4 hours away so I was happy to run into my babies. :)
It rained during the early part of the day, but cleared up in time for the ceremony to be held outside. The spring foliage was a lovely backdrop for a beautiful ceremony that was just perfect. We took advantage of our on-time arrival and snapped a few pictures.

Alex and Mike limited the guest list to keep costs down and encourage a more intimate feel. Fortunately, my mom and Gerry scored an invitation because they introduced the happy couple. My mom has known Alex since we were in college together and Gerry and Mike work together. My mom and Gerry were pleased at Alex and Mike's failed previous relationships so they could set them up. I think they should go into the matchmaking business because they obviously know what they're doing!
Love you, Lady! :)
yeah, they look a little bit happy about the whole situation.
We had a wonderful time at the reception. The food was great, the open bar was great, the cake was great. We did some dancing (See: great open bar) and enjoyed a slide show of the bride and groom growing up. I'm sure a lot of my enjoyment came from being so genuinely happy for these two wonderful people. I'm so glad they found each other (with a little help from my peeps, of course) and know they will have a long, happy marriage. They truly deserve the happiness they've found with one another. Much love to you both and thank you for letting us share your special day!
We ended up going back to the bride and groom's suite for the after-party. By the end of the reception, I had reached my limit of alcohol so we chatted for a while and departed pretty late. Nate and Alex's brother-in-law were discussing immigration at great length. (Yawn.) Meanwhile, I was anxious to depart so we could let the newlyweds get on with their evening. I felt bad about staying so late because they still had business to attend to and I knew that after 12 years of marriage I had no such obligation. HA!
Saturday morning/afternoon, we were moving a little slowly and ended up declining an invitation to picnic with the bride and groom and their family. Nate stuck close to home and mom and I did a little shopping later in the afternoon. Nate's mom kept the kids all day and she and Nate's dad and step-mother took them to the Smithsonian. They had a great time and we enjoyed the free day.
We departed Sunday after a rousing game of "Collect as many Caterpillars as you can in these Empty Flower Pots ". I just realized this is getting long and I have lots of pictures to accompany this last bit so...
Congratulations again to the newlyweds!!
TO BE CONTINUED...
1 comment:
It was a wonderful wedding and we had a great time. Alex and Mike, thanks for including us in your big day. And Nana, thank you for taking over the little ones; I enjoyed my "me time" with my baby!
Post a Comment