Kathryn's final week of school was spent at Camp Skeeter. They didn't actually go anywhere or stay overnight, but they pretended to be away for the week and did all manner of camp activities including reading letters from home, making S'mores, doing crafts and learning many, many songs. Kathryn brought the songbook home on the last day. Thus, we've been regaled ever since with the likes of Bananas of the World Unite, The Ants Go Marching and Down by the Bay. It cracks me up about half way through when they look completely bored with the whole performance. After watching this several times and finding it more and more hysterical, I realize Alexander was not repeatedly requesting they read his duck book, rather he was saying he was "stuck" because he closed his finger in the book he was holding. (I feel kinda bad that I didn't understand and acknowledge his predicament, but I don't think I would have quit taping even if I had realized it. I'm all about providing quality entertainment up in here, y'all.)
I ended up stopping it a little early because it was running long and Kathryn got irritated because I didn't tape the final verses. The last line is, "I hope you had fun, cause we are done." Improvise and you can thank me later for ending it when I did. (Actually, it's such an abrupt end, I regret stopping it, but it'll leave you wanting more.) As adorable as I believe the video is, this song may stick with you. You have been warned.
I ended up stopping it a little early because it was running long and Kathryn got irritated because I didn't tape the final verses. The last line is, "I hope you had fun, cause we are done." Improvise and you can thank me later for ending it when I did. (Actually, it's such an abrupt end, I regret stopping it, but it'll leave you wanting more.) As adorable as I believe the video is, this song may stick with you. You have been warned.
Please take special note of the nose-picking/boogie-eating backup singers. I'm overwhelmed with pride at the sheer talent my children possess.
6 comments:
adorable!
Ok, now, was this payback for the Barbie song on my blog? ;-) But really, those kids are too cute - I can totally understand the pride!
What a cute blog! I used to teach at a school that did Camp Skeeter in kindergarten. That was the week I was jealous because I taught second grade. I (heart) camp!
That picture on your banner makes it look like four would just be more of a good thing. But I know better. I stopped at two. :-)
CUTE FAMILY!!! I love all the cakes you've decorated. I took two decorating cakes from Michaels, I told my husband buying all the supplies and stuff would be worth it because I could make all our kids B-day cakes. Well, out of 11 birthday, I've made 2 cakes. Anyhow, thanks for visiting my blog today!
Just stopping by to check-out the blog! Your kids are adorable!
I love that daughter number two knows the last word of each verse and just stretches it out. SO cute. And daughter number one gets way excited to say the last line of each verse...they totally crack her up!
Adorable!!
Post a Comment