Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

The kids and I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon for supplies for Kathryn's Year-End Brownie Cookout we're hosting tomorrow night. We stopped to get a thank you card for our cookie mom. As I perused the cards, the kids found a section of talking cards within their reach. When I rounded them up to proceed, I discovered a number of cards were Family Guy and one was in Alexander's clutches. I tried to take it from him to return it, but he had a fit so I figured it didn't matter. He could carry it through the store, no harm in it, pick your battles, etc. Well, he proceeded to open and close it over and over as we shopped and each time I only caught the dog, Brian, saying, "...to get a dry martini?" I figured it wouldn't be particularly tasteful being of the Family Guy strain of humor, but whatever. That is, until I figured out the whole phrase, "Who do I have to hump around here to get a dry martini?" I had to giggle to myself considering Alexander opened it repeatedly All. Through. The. Store. I only hope no one else heard the beginning any better than I did. Kathryn couldn't figure out what he was saying either and I certainly didn't rush to explain.

When we got to the checkout, I found it in the cart and handed it to the cashier saying my son had picked it up. "So, you don't want it?", she queried. Um. No.

1 comment:

josetteplank.com said...

ROFL!!!!

omg, that's HILARIOUS!