Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We're back home after a wonderful vacation in Orlando, Florida. We stayed very busy and had a blast visiting Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios. We also spent a day at Cocoa Beach which left 2 days to relax and kick around the resort. We hit Downtown Disney on our last day to do a little shopping and the kids played at Lego Land for a while. It's funny. Juliana told someone about our trip yesterday and the first thing she said was that she had gone to Lego Land. Do you mean to tell me that after $800 worth of Disney tickets, her first and foremost memory is of a store...that was free? We're going to have to make some serious adjustments to our itinerary the next time we go. I mean, really.

I'm going to recount our trip over several posts. My grandmother fell while we were away and landed herself in the hospital. I'm planning to fly out Saturday morning to visit for the weekend. For now, I don't have much time for details, but here are the girls packed and ready to go!

The kids couldn't have been better in the car. They never cease to amaze me when we go on long trips. We just couldn't ask for better traveling companions. I realize this is in no small part due to the DVD player mounted in the van, but still.

Stay tuned for more to come!

2 comments:

Rene said...

Welcome back! God must have taken pity on me after my living vicariously through others comment and I found out yesterday that we are going on a cruise in January!!! I'm so glad I was able to comment on your post so this wonderful thing would happen!! Oh, my, did this comment suddenly sound like it's all about me? Ooops!

Lori said...

Yay, Rene! Thanks for the welcome back and congrats on the cruise. So exciting! :)