Friday, June 06, 2008
Going Public
As most of you know, I kept my blog private for a long time based on a general fear of the unknown. So, you had to have a google account and log in to read it. When my friend, Diana, tagged me for a meme, I decided it might be time to branch out and allow "strangers" to read. I've ventured out of my safe little corner of cyberspace to find I love when other bloggers visit my site and leave comments. It's been an interesting progression from completely private to "everyone come read what I've written!" I find myself envious of bloggers who get more than 3 comments on any given post, considering that's been my max to date. I want more! So, you can imagine my delight when I came across a link to a site with a goal to increase your readership. I've gone back and forth a lot on this, but I'm ready to take the plunge. Here's the link to The Secret is in the Sauce. Check it out - you can join, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I know how you feel. It's kind of strange to realize people you don't know are reading you! Thanks for the link.
Lori - Hi! I just surfed in from a comment you left on Mean Mommy's blog. Love your blog and I will be back! Hopefully you won't think of me as a stranger for long!
Mean Mommy ~ Strange, yes, but somehow very exhilarating! Thanks for popping back over. :)
Rene ~ Welcome! I'm so glad you visited and look forward to getting to know you! :)
I'm Number 4!
Ok, so now you officially have more than 3 comments.
There's a weird thing that happens with blogging when you start trying to get people to read is that it tends to affect the content of your posts. I used to watch my site meter fanatically and my mood would rise or fall with my readership.
Eventually I stopped looking entirely since it was never the intent of the blog in the first place. But everyone has different experiences. You're a terrific writer and I hope lots of people find their way to you.
As far as I can tell, with real estate they say "location, location, location." With blogging it's "comments, comments, comments."
Good luck!
Yeah, it becomes a leeeetle addicting--this blogging thang. Best wishes! Love your blog--you have the cutest children!
Hey, now you have 7 comments! Thanks for the visit to my blog.
Wendi
I loved reading your blog!
I used to worry about stalkers and the such, but since I actually already have 2 that I'm dealing with (funny stories on both), I figured out, why the heck not? Hope you don't mind another stranger reading your adventures!
PS - I'm a comment junkie too, but my life's pretty boring to read about!
Post a Comment