We went to the nearby Alum Creek Reservoir a couple weeks ago to play on the beach and frolic in the water. The kids had a great time. Unfortunately, for me, the beach seemed more like dirt than sand, but, do you think our children noticed? No way! They had a blast and I tried to keep my cringes to myself when Kathryn wanted to be buried in it. (I was mostly successful.) We were filthy when we returned home, but they really enjoyed the afternoon and I got a few cute shots.

Burying sis in the "sand"

Kathryn was happy to warm up

Our little fish

Juliana
loves the beach

Alexander had a great time and only ingested
a little "sand"...

Teamwork
Juliana is anxious to go again, but I'm a little more hesitant. I must admit, I'd much rather plan a trip to the Caribbean...or Florida. I'd even settle for anywhere on the Eastern shore. Apparently, I'm a sand snob. I never knew that about myself. Learn something new every day, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment