Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Vegetable Garden: Day 25

For maximum wow factor, make sure you review the pictures of Day 9. What a difference a couple weeks makes!

I forgot to take a picture of Kathryn's corn before pulling out the smaller stalks and moving the big ones to give them more room. They are a little droopy now, but we're hoping they'll perk back up soon. I have to thin out the green beans, but am concerned they won't like moving either. I also want to position the cucumbers better around the trellis...may stake the beans, too...Any gardening tips left in the comments section will be much appreciated!

As I crawled around on the ground taking pictures, Nate said, "You're aware you're insane, right?" I told him I prefer, "certifiable."

Droopy corn on the left, cucumbers below the trellis, green beans (front right) are very healthy!

Strawberry plant behind the stone to the right, carrots in front of stone (only 2 have come up so far), front row: cilantro, oregano and basil, 4 tomato plants back right.

Juliana's carrots

We have a red strawberry!

Tomatoes are getting big.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, the garden looks great! My only comment is the patch is too small for all the plants. I'm sure Nathaniel can easily and cheerfully double it in size for you, fill it with topsoil and add some compost.

Joan

Unknown said...

Lori, your garden looks great! We planted one for the first time this year and apparently we planted too much! Its about 6 x 20 feet, and the whole thing is full. Zucchini, tomatoes, squash, sugar snap peas, one strawberry plant, 2 different kinds of peppers, and 2 cushaw squash which have taken over the whole garden! It's actually a little freaky looking...like giant arms overtaking the yard! The tomatoes aren't doing too good right now, (of course, we didn't stake them or anything so I'm sure that's why), but the zucchini and squash are growing like crazy!
Your tomatoes look really good, and your strawberries too. Our plant only has one tiny red strawberry on it.