Thursday, May 31, 2007

Milestone Alert: Kathryn Graduated from Kindergarten!

It doesn't seem possible, but my baby has indeed graduated from Kindergarten and proudly touts her 1st grade status to anyone who inquires. The ceremony was held on Friday, May 25th at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Ama flew in Thursday night to join us for the festivities. I grabbed a tissue from the bathroom before the ceremony as an afterthought just in case and turns out it was a good call. As soon as the Director of the school, Mrs. Rochon, began speaking and I heard her say, "When I think of creativity, I think of...{several names} and Kathryn Lee", the waterworks began. I was overwhelmed with happiness and I don't think I've ever felt so proud. It was such a moving experience. When her name was called, Kathryn accepted her diploma from her teachers, shaking each of their hands and smiling the whole time. She carried herself with such grace and maturity. After the ceremony, the girls both delivered thank you notes to the their teachers. We spent the next couple hours enjoying the zoo and wrapped up the day dining at Outback Steakhouse - Kathryn's very favorite restaurant. It truly was a very special day.

The Graduate

Juliana, Kathryn and Ama

Accepting her diploma from Mrs. Barrett

Kathryn and Mrs. Barrett

Kathryn and Mrs. Metzger

We went today to finish up Kathryn's registration for her new school so she's all set and she's definitely ready to begin a new adventure in the fall as a FIRST GRADER!

No comments: