Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weekend Update 5/6/07

It's been a pretty low-key weekend. It rained yesterday so we pretty much hung out at home. I went to the dentist. I don't know how I cope with all the excitement in my life. The rest of the day I spent folding laundry, cleaning the kids rooms, changing sheets, putting clothes away and cleaning the kitchen...you know, all the glamorous stuff you dream about as a child. ;)

Today was slightly more eventful. I went to Body Pump at the gym. Have I mentioned how much I love it? No? Well, let me tell you now, I love it! We did a new track today and to celebrate, they raffled off like 10 t-shirts. Do you know, I didn't win one? I've been doing this cocka-doodie class since they started it in December and I go 3 times a week. Geesh. I wanted a t-shirt, dammit! Oh well, they were red, which really isn't my color, so it's okay...I guess...

Knowing it was going to be a nice day today, Nate mentioned buying bikes so we could start taking the kids out. Kathryn is great on hers and we talked about getting a trailer for Juliana and Alexander. So, after my class, I met Nate, et al, at Wal-Mart to look at bikes. Turns out, we know nothing about bikes and I felt it would be worth it to talk to someone who did before purchasing them. We struck off for Dick's Sporting Goods and quickly found someone who could help guide us to the right bike for our needs. We both ended up getting Comfort bikes. I had 2 criteria, in this order: big comfy seat and pink. I got both so I'm all set. Nate got a blue and silver bike. It's very nice, but it's not pink so I like mine better. :) We took them for a spin when we got home and it occurred to me that I haven't been on a bike since he and I went to the Poconos 3 years prior to our wedding which was almost 11 years ago. I waved to a neighbor and had to quickly grab the handlebars prior to flying off the dern thing! LOL! What a goof! Anyway, our next task is to figure out how to tote the little ones. I'm going to keep an eye out for a reasonably priced trailer and then we'll be all set.

Keep your fingers crossed that Alexander is feeling better this week. He had a cold all last week. I'm ready for him to feel good for a change. Poor Juliana was sick on Friday so I picked her up from school early. She had a low-grade fever and was shivering. After a short nap on the way home, a dose of Tylenol Cough and Cold and a long rest on the couch, she was fine in the afternoon. Go figure.

That's pretty much the scoop around here. It's past my bedtime so bye for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Post a picture of you and your new bike! Preferably with you on it, not under it!!! Have fun you guys.