The following conversation took place on the way home from school today.
Juliana to Mommy: Mommy, I want to be blind.
Mommy: Blind?
Juliana: Yeah.
Mommy: Why?
Juliana: Because I want a dog.
Mommy (chuckling): You'll do anything for a dog, won't you!
I think Nate and I underestimated just how much this child wants a dog. Keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't gouge out her eyes with a Barbie in a power-play to get her way.
The conversation continued and she kept talking about blind dogs. It didn't take me tooooo long to figure out she was talking about seeing-eye dogs. Then, we moved on to whether cats could be blind, which also meant seeing-eye and which also didn't take me toooo long to figure out and I had to explain that cats are slightly less open to the training process and are not good candidates for seeing-eye companions.
Later, she was talking about pulling off her eyelids. I'm getting a little worried.
No comments:
Post a Comment