Friday, January 11, 2008

Lori's Housekeeping Tip of the Day

When you are cleaning out the refrigerator, don't run warm water over a cold glass shelf. The glass will shatter. It will shatter into A LOT of pieces. Little tiny sharp pieces of glass will be everywhere. They will be on the counter. They will be on the floor up to 10 feet away. They will be in your fruit basket. They will be in your sink. You will have to pull them out of your garbage disposal before you can run it again. You will have to vacuum. You will have to wipe down all of your counters...carefully. Cleaning up little tiny sharp pieces of glass will take more time than cleaning out 20 refrigerators. Don't do it. It's not worth it. As a matter of fact, I would recommend not cleaning out the refrigerator at all. It's not really that dirty anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Tip, Lori! :-)

I will think of you everytime now when I clean out my fridge and it won't have anything to do with food. HEE!

Unknown said...

My sentiments, exactly...it's not that dirty. Plus, I find that if company is coming, you buy extra food and this food hides the crud that otherwise would be visible in said refrigerator.

Kara said...

I lvoe the tip. Particularly the last 2 sentences! I find the advice sage and will call it to mind if I should ever be so silly to think it a good idea to "clean the fridge"!
:)
~Kara