I wondered if this was just a one-time deal and found myself delighted when he sat for a while earlier this morning and then said, "Poo poo potty" after lunch today. Off we went to the potty with a Winnie the Pooh book (he he). He sat for a few minutes, got up for a minute to stretch his legs and then hopped back up. When I put him back on, I saw something that looked suspiciously like poo! I was elated and after he sat for a while longer, he got up and I wrestled him into a clean diaper. I went back to the potty to inspect the poo and even considered taking a picture of it, grinning deviously while imagining my mom's reaction. :) But, alas, upon closer inspection, I realized it was a Honey Bee Graham cracker floating in the bowl. Better luck next time.
Friday, January 25, 2008
It's Potty Time!
So, I'm minding my own business yesterday when Alexander comes to me and says, "Me, me, me!" To which I reply, "You, what?" And he says, "Me, me, POTTY!" I said, "You want to sit on the potty?!" and off we went. The toilet paper roll was at its end and he busied himself plucking off tiny little pieces and putting them into the potty and then into the trash can, which I moved closer for his convenience. Then, when that task was complete, I took the roll off and he hooted, hollered, peeked and giggled into it for a while. Then, we played with the holder and he took it apart and put it back together many, many times. I thought to myself he's like his daddy; he's very interested in how things work.
After about 20 minutes and no pee or poo later, he decided he was finished. It was a challenge getting his diaper back on, but I persevered. His desire for freedom was no match for my desire for a pee/poo-free house.
I wondered if this was just a one-time deal and found myself delighted when he sat for a while earlier this morning and then said, "Poo poo potty" after lunch today. Off we went to the potty with a Winnie the Pooh book (he he). He sat for a few minutes, got up for a minute to stretch his legs and then hopped back up. When I put him back on, I saw something that looked suspiciously like poo! I was elated and after he sat for a while longer, he got up and I wrestled him into a clean diaper. I went back to the potty to inspect the poo and even considered taking a picture of it, grinning deviously while imagining my mom's reaction. :) But, alas, upon closer inspection, I realized it was a Honey Bee Graham cracker floating in the bowl. Better luck next time.
I wondered if this was just a one-time deal and found myself delighted when he sat for a while earlier this morning and then said, "Poo poo potty" after lunch today. Off we went to the potty with a Winnie the Pooh book (he he). He sat for a few minutes, got up for a minute to stretch his legs and then hopped back up. When I put him back on, I saw something that looked suspiciously like poo! I was elated and after he sat for a while longer, he got up and I wrestled him into a clean diaper. I went back to the potty to inspect the poo and even considered taking a picture of it, grinning deviously while imagining my mom's reaction. :) But, alas, upon closer inspection, I realized it was a Honey Bee Graham cracker floating in the bowl. Better luck next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment