When Kathryn was about 3 years old, we were always running late and it was a huge production to get out of the house. (Okay, I realize little has changed in the last 4 years, but it's impolite to rub my nose in it. If you don't have anything nice to say...) As I was saying, I was constantly griping at her to get done so we could go and on one particular morning I impatiently hollered at her to "hurry up!" To which she replied loudly through tears,
"But, mommy, I'm not a hurry person!" And, she was right. I'd like to say that I quit griping at her to hurry up, but I wouldn't want to lie in such a public forum. I am pleased to report, however, that she's gotten a
thicker skin over the years so at least she doesn't get upset about it anymore.
I had forgotten about this until my mom mentioned it yesterday. That is why I'm doing this blog; there are too many little moments like this that I don't want to forget when our wee ones are all grown up.
Just for fun, here's a picture of her around the age when she so vehemently objected to being rushed:
No comments:
Post a Comment