Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy Easter...a little late...

It's been quite a busy few weeks for the Lee family. My goal is to spend this weekend getting caught up on all our recent travels and events. I had every intention of doing a post on Easter Sunday with pictures, but we decided at the last minute to head for MD that day so I couldn't quite fit it in, what with all the packing and laundering and folding and driving. Stay tuned for that account in a different post.

Without further ado, I give you Easter 2008!

The girls dyed eggs on Saturday in anticipation of the Easter bunny's arrival. They had a great time and put their initials on their eggs so they could identify the owners. We only had two casualties: one in the pot while boiling which we dyed anyway and one that landed on the floor during a little scuffle. I was upstairs putting Alexander down for his nap and heard that familiar crunching sound. I then heard, "Kathryn! You did that on purpose!" (By the way, nothing is accidental when you're 4 1/2. Everything is done to you on purpose.) I hollered down that if they couldn't manage by themselves, they needed to take a break and wait until I returned. I came down a few minutes later to find them happily decorating eggs. I asked why they were still doing it when I said to wait and Kathryn responded innocently, "Because we could manage." Fair enough. All in all, it was a pleasant activity and they did a good job.


The Easter bunny arrived and left them lots of goodies. Sadly, the mama got into the Reese's whipped candy bars so the kids have yet to try them. Although, to the mama's credit, it took almost a week before she devoured all three of them...in one day. These kids are just going to have to learn to be a little quicker if they ever want to experience the irresistible combination that is chocolate and peanut butter.

The Easter bunny finally got smart and realized that small children like to eat stuff out of their baskets immediately so he included individual cups of applesauce and diced fruit this year. Genius! It only took 6 Easters to figure that one out...apparently the Easter bunny is a little slow.


Alexander resisted parting with the eggs he found preferring to hold them instead. He managed to get five eggs in his arms before realizing that was his limit and hesitantly depositing them into his basket.


Although the Easter bunny tried to provide healthy treats, what basket is complete without jelly beans and M&M's to munch on prior to breakfast?

The Easter bunny was very clever this year and brought baskets made out of hats. So fun! (I positioned myself in front of Dora the Explorer to get a shot thinking they might look at me for a moment, but, no, they just looked around me and mostly ignored me altogether. Except Kathryn; she's not addicted to Dora like some people in this house.)

So, after a lovely morning of eating candy before breakfast and hunting for eggs, we scrambled to prepare for our trip to Maryland. We were originally scheduled to depart on Tuesday, which I bumped back to Monday and finally decided, hey, why wait? Let's leave on Sunday! I never feel like it's enough time "at home" so I was happy to get there sooner. More on our trip in my next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the Easter Bunny plan for their basket/hats to match their jammies? What a coordinator!!!

Lori said...

How astute you are. I hadn't even made that observation! Man, that bunny brought his A-game this year. :)