Friday, March 21, 2008

Quick Update

It's been a long week. Juliana has run a low-grade fever all week and has sniffles and a yucky cough to go with it. She missed school every day. Kathryn has the runny nose and cough so she was home yesterday. After 3 days in the house, I had to get out yesterday so we ran a few errands. The time out of the house did wonders for my sanity. Then, I spent a little over an hour and a half at the gym last night which put me in a different frame of mind completely. Man, I needed that. Took a Body Pump class and then spent about 35 minutes walking on the treadmill. I felt like I could have stayed there all night. But, I didn't; I dutifully returned to my loving family. I've spent today cleaning. Vacuumed, mopped, polished the granite counters, stripped the beds, did several loads of laundry...you get the idea. I like to try to get a lot done on Fridays so I don't have a lot of housework hanging over my head on the weekend. Of course, the house will be trashed in mere minutes, so I don't know why I bother!

Alexander is yanking on me saying, "bayket" in a very distressed tone. He can't find it anywhere (remember all that laundry I mentioned...yeah, it's not dry yet, but I'm not telling him.)

I've got to get working on dinner. Nate and Kathryn will be back from soccer practice any minute. Oh! Here they are now! Gotta go!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

ummm-- I feel totally bad about my lack of motivation today!!!

(linked you from Diana's caffeinated blog!!--I am so glad she put the comment thing up!)