Okay, so I'm sure ya'll heard about the little snowstorm we had this weekend. I mused on Saturday afternoon that I'm typically disappointed when the snow stops falling because we never get as much as predicted. Well, I am here to tell you I wasn't disappointed this time because it just kept on snowing to the tune of around, oh, 20 inches or so. It looked lovely and the girls had a great time playing and Nate enjoyed creating an igloo out of a 6-foot pile of snow. But, oh my gosh. After three days of being in this house with these small people, I'm quite ready for our regular routine to resume. [Kathryn whining about her pork chops is not helping my cabin fever nor my mood at this juncture.] I realized the extent of said cabin fever when I exclaimed out loud to our simmering stuffed pork chops, "Ya'll look great!" While they did, indeed, look great, it hit home the fact that I need to get out of this house. Now.

Here are a few shots of my frolicking snow babes. It is very deep snow.


Juliana struggled to get to the packed snow on which Kathryn was standing.

Alexander got caught up in the excitement and picked up a small chunk of snow saying, "Big, big snowball!" and then heaved it onto the driveway. He'd had enough when he landed in a drift and got his hands immersed so we came inside. (Yes, I'm aware that he doesn't have gloves on, but that's because he rips them off the moment they are secure.)
And, this is the dinner I verbally praised while it simmered. It was yummy!

Juliana had a fever last night and was still a little warm this morning. She was full of energy throughout the day and was feeling fine tonight, so I'm planning to take her to school in the morning. I'm in dire need of some physical therapy in the form of my Body Pump class.
Nate departs for Tampa again tomorrow morning. His one-night trip has been extended to three nights since he won't be home until late Thursday night. (After all the evening chores are complete and the kids are in bed so it doesn't count even though he'll be spending the night here.) So, into Single-Mom Mode I go. I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a long week.
No comments:
Post a Comment