Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm feeling much better today, thank you.

After a very hectic morning getting the kids up, dressed, fed, shod, bundled and out the door by myself, I hit the gym for my Body Pump class, which in case I haven't mentioned it before, I absolutely love. Nothing like pumping iron for an hour to let off some steam. I'm refreshed and ready to embrace my single momitude. Well, refreshed may not be the best word since I need a shower, but you know what I mean.

The best thing about these crazy mornings without Nate is that I'm reminded of how much he does to make the household run smoothly. He's the one who gets us up and moving in the morning (I'm the lone night-owl in this house), thus the mad dash to get everyone done and out when he's absent. I realized after I shoved Kathryn out the door just in time for the bus that she'd only eaten half a thing of yogurt and I hadn't brushed her hair. Oh yeah, and Juliana was 35 minutes late for school...Now, in my defense, part of that is due to Juliana's school starting at 8:30, while Kathryn's bus doesn't get here until 8:32 and Juliana's school is 15 minutes away. You do the math. Okay, okay, so based on the math, she should only be 17 minutes late; I admit there's some room for improvement in our Nate-less morning routine. I'll get up earlier tomorrow morning. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was never very good at math either!