My mom got a nice surprise when I called her around 3:30 and responded, "Driving to Maryland" when she asked what we were doing. We had a great trip. I really am very fortunate that the kids are such wonderful traveling companions. Aside from Kathryn asking if we were still in Ohio only 30 minutes into the trip and asking a mere 62 times over the next 7 1/2 hours when we were going to be there, I really can't complain.
We had an eventful week visiting with loved ones. I've stayed in touch with Kathryn's old babysitter, Claire, so we spent some time catching up with her. She's remained very dear to me since taking such good care of Kathryn from 3 months to 2 years old. I love sharing my family with her and she's always thrilled to see how much everyone has grown.
We had an impromptu lunch with my BFF, "Aunt" Alex, whom the girls adore.
I was pleased as punch with myself for the idea and she loved it and the cake, as did everyone at the shower. She and I had decided on a Snickerdoodle cake with Cinnamon Buttercream Icing and it didn't disappoint. I was so happy to have been able to do something special for her considering how special she is and has been to me for the past 18 years. Gasp! Surely we're not that old!
We had a nice visit with Grammee and GrandDad (Nate's dad and step-mother) and the girls played with their cousin, Leigha. They had an Easter egg hunt and generally ran amok having a blast. I went on several outings sans camera so this is a shot that was taken when we were home for New Year's. I'm sure you get the gist of how silly these girls are when they're together and our most recent visit was no exception.
We also spent time with Nana and PopPop (Nate's mom and step-father) and the girls had a sleep-over and then spent the next day in DC at the National Gallery of Art. They had a great time and that freed me up for the day to work on that cake I mentioned. (Special thanks to Nana for supplying the pictures of the outing and next time, please get a shot of all of you!)
We also spent lots of time with Ama and Ampa (my mom and step-dad) and GiGi (my Gram) during the week. We kicked the week off with an Easter egg hunt:
I'd like to say Alexander was all broken up about having to leave Maryland, but it was more that he was busy playing in the front seat of the van and I yoinked him out for a photo-op. That'll learn me.
We had a great time with everyone we got to see and hope to catch a few more special people during our next extended trip. We're very thankful to our host and hostess for their hospitality and to everyone who made our vacation so enjoyable. We loved spending our Spring Break hanging out in Maryland and look forward to our brief return in May for a certain little wedding that's coming up in 23 days!! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment