We realized this weekend that we were running out of time to do the fall festival thing. We're headed to MD for my 20th (GASP!) high school reunion this weekend...
I know...I don't think I look a day over 25
either!... and then it's Halloween the following weekend. So, out we went to play at the farm and get pumpkins.
We ended up going to two places on Saturday. The first boasted the following,
a straw maze,

a petting zoo, which included a calf, 2 sheep and several chickens,

a corn box,

Alexander burying his sissy.

a hayride out to the pumpkin patch that was so picked over, I didn't even take a photo (but the ride was fun),




and a giant slide with a very slick board at the bottom that made the kids slide all the way to the end (the highlight of the day.)

The final attraction involved a huge dirt hill the kids had a ball climbing. Alexander was determined to slide down it, but daddy finally convinced him it was
not a slide. On our way out, a woman said she wouldn't have built the slide if she'd have known how popular the dirt hill would be!

Because it was such slim pickin's at the real pumpkin patch, we went to a different place we visited a couple years ago. They weren't doing the events they usually do, but they were offering a plethora of pumpkins

and the big boards you can stick your face in.


I think "How tall this Fall?" is my favorite attraction. It's so fun to see how big they've gotten. I'll have to find the one from a couple years ago and post it as a Friday Flashback this week.

And, just for fun, here are my darlings feeding sheep and bocking at the chickens:
Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment