Thursday, October 02, 2008

Unconditional Love

In a fit of frustration over pee on the floor followed closely by a whole cup of apple juice spilled on the floor, both compliments of Master Alexander, all while I was trying to get something done, I yelled at Juliana about not having picked up some papers as I had asked. She cried. I calmed down. Then, I felt remorse for my irrational anger and subsequent volume.

I told her I wanted to talk to her and put her on my lap. She said she wanted to tell me something first, so I listened. She said she had picked up the papers when I asked her, but they must have fallen on the floor. She said she didn't think I liked her and that's why she went into the playroom.

I told her how sorry I was and tried to explain my frustration. I told her I didn't know why I yelled like that and that I would try to do better. I told her I always like her. I told her I love her so very much and I hugged her close. I told her I love her so much, it's hard to even find the words to tell her how much.

Her response to me was, "I know how I can tell you how much I love you. I love you as much as I love my grandparents and I love my grandparents a lot."

There are some days I don't deserve these children of mine. Today is one of them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Juliana is love. She is open in her affections for everyone and enjoys being loved by everyone.

diana onorio funk said...

Holding back tears here...