Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday, Alexander!

My Dearest Alexander,

Well, it's *finally* here! You've been so excited for your birthday. You've counted down the days since early last week and now it's here. Unfortunately, you spent most of the day laying on the couch snuggled up under the white blanket with your trusty "gway and yeyow bwankets" at your side watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while sniffing and coughing. Poor baby. It stinks to be sick on your birthday, but you're a trouper and you didn't even complain once. You perked up by this afternoon and managed to muster enough energy to open presents before we headed out for your special birthday dinner at Steak n' Shake. You were very excited about your presents which mainly featured Cars and Toy Story. We'll have your Celebration of Life at school tomorrow if you're feeling well enough and then your big Wall-E birthday bash will be on Saturday. I'm sure you'll be ready to party by then.

I want you to know how very much you are loved and that you are a very special part of our family. Since the moment you were born, you have been an absolute joy in our lives. You are such a sweet boy; I could just eat you up, but you decided long ago that you don't like "kissies" so that has made loving on you a bit of a challenge. Not to worry, though, I sneak them in when you're not looking. :)

You've gotten so big this year and you've grown so much in so many ways. You're starting to learn to ride a bike, you took ice skating lessons this past winter and mostly didn't love it, but you hung right in there, you enjoyed your swimming lessons this summer (even though you still don't like getting your face wet) and you're becoming more independent every day. Your favorite colors are red and blue, Cars and Wall-E are your favorite movies, you love to play Mario Kart (and you're quite good at it, which came in handy when you recently drove Ama and Ampa's boat) and zebras are your favorite "amimal". You are still quite attached to your "bwankets", recently named Max and Erma (you couldn't remember Ruby so we're gonna try Erma even though I don't think that's going to stick either.) I am convinced you are taking them to college with you and I'm perfectly fine with that, although your daddy might have a word or two to say on the matter. :)

I know this coming year will bring lots of new adventures and I'm looking forward to being with you every step of the way.

I love you, pumpkin pie, and I'm so glad you're mine.

Mommy

No comments: