Sunday, September 12, 2010

Retirement

I was driving Alexander and Juliana to Kathryn's soccer game yesterday afternoon when we passed a new retirement home being built near our neighborhood.  We always marvel at how quickly it's going up and I've previously explained who will live there when construction is finished.  So, after we passed it, Juliana said, "When I'm old enough, you can live with me."  I told her that was very sweet and then Alexander chimed in with, "You can live with me, too."  I was touched and told them how much I appreciate it.  They asked me how I would decide who I would live with and I said I didn't know.  Juliana offered that maybe I could take turns because she knows Kathryn will want me to live with her, too, and I told her that sounded like a good idea.  Juliana went on to say I could let her know when she's old enough to have me live with her.  Then she said, "I want you to meet my husband!"  I said, "I look forward to meeting your husband."  To which, Alexander promptly commented, "I want you to meet my husband, too." And, that led to a whole other conversation.

Wherever I live when I'm old, it's probably gonna come down to which husband I like the best.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But ... where's Nate going to live? And do you and I alternate with K, J and A and their husbands? Because I'm living with you when I'm old...oh, guess I'm already there :-}