Monday, October 23, 2006

104 Degrees

This has been the theme of our weekend with Juliana registering a 104 degree temperature beginning Friday evening. She's been miserable, as I'm sure you can imagine. And, by yesterday, Nate and I were getting very nervous. Every time we thought she was through the worst of it, she got worse. We did some research (gotta love the internet and BabyCenter.com, specifically) and figured out that it was probably a Urinary Tract Infection causing the fever and urgent screams of, "I have to pee!!" followed by no pee. I took her to the Urgent Care center yesterday where the Doctor agreed with my diagnosis and prescribed an antibiotic. Unfortunately, she threw up the medicine, or some portion thereof, this morning so we're headed to see her pediatrician in a few minutes. She managed to keep the medicine down last night, though, and had her first good night of sleep in days. Her fever is down as of now and she is happily playing with her animals, having crafted a very interesting vessel on the floor made of blankets and pillows. I'll post an update later this afternoon...given, of course, that I don't have a 3 year old glued to my "yap"!

No comments: