We had a busy weekend and it went all too fast, as usual. I've been working with a couple neighbors to plan our first annual neighborhood picnic. It was scheduled for Saturday, but got rained out, so we did it yesterday (Sunday) instead. It turned out to be a beautiful day - 70 degrees and sunny - so worked out for the best. Everyone had a great time and we were very pleased with the turnout (about 60 families.) We had an inflatable obstacle course and a 3-in-1 that was a moon bounce/rock wall/slide combination. We hired a DJ and had 2 face painters and a guy doing balloon animals. We also had the fire department come for a while so the kids could check out the truck. One of our neighbors jokingly remarked that he was disappointed that we didn't have a ferris wheel! I told him one of my favorites is the log flume so I'll work on that for next year... :) The kids had a blast and we returned with very tired children bearing remnants of the day...Kathryn's face was painted to look like a dog (Translation: black paint smeared all over her face), she had a shark on one arm and a monkey on the other. Juliana was a little more prudent and only bore a dalmation on her hand. She was more interested in painting
with the crayons and was very upset that they wouldn't let her "color." I'm rather pleased they didn't or who knows how long it would've taken to scrub her down in the bath. Sadly, I forgot to take my camera *gasp* so I don't have any pictures of my own. I'm going to ask the neighbors who were snapping photos to share and will post them soon.
Updated on 10/5...This is the only picture, so far. Alexander is pretending to be miserable, but he had a good time!
No comments:
Post a Comment