Monday, October 23, 2006

The Pee Place

After spending 4 hours at the doctor, we've accomplished...oooohhhh... nothing. They tried to track down the urine sample taken yesterday to no avail, so wanted another. Well, that's easier said than done with a 3 year old. We spent no less than an hour in the bathroom trying to gather pee in a cup. Juliana had a popcicle and some Tylenol to reduce her 103 temperature. We sang songs, swayed, ran water, ran her hands under water, the works. All to come home and have to try here. And the kicker is she just went on the sly. The Dr. is fairly certain she has a UTI so we'll just keep doing what we're doing and hope to get a sample sometime this afternoon.

I wanted to note this for posterity. The other morning, half delirious with fever, Juliana used the bathroom and said, "I put my pee in the pee place." I said, "The potty." And, she replied, "Yes, that's it; I forgot what it was called." She's such a sweetie pie.

No comments: